This section describes many of the programs and services provided by organizations for communities that have been affected by wildfire. Please be aware that programs and funding levels can change from year to year, and assistance may not always be available.
An important step in post-fire coordination is to increase awareness among agencies and their community partners of each other’s roles, services, and programs. This section offers tools that can facilitate program coordination and lead to on-the-ground projects to address post-fire concerns. This guide offers just a brief summary of the many tools and resources available; we encourage you to contact agencies and organizations and explore websites for more detailed information about available programs and services. The following agencies may provide either technical or financial assistance in the categories listed.
- NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/national/programs/financial/ewp/
- National Weather Service
- National Park Service
- US Forest Service
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Farm Service Agency
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- HUD (Housing and Urban Development)
- US Small Business Administration