Recovery Contacts

This page is dedicated to helping you find the right people to answer your after-fire questions.

Click within the webmap below to access local County contacts.

A note on contacting local government personnel: The impacts of wildfires are felt throughout the community, including on County and City staff. While local staff have limited resources to assist on a site-specific basis, here are some examples when contacting them is appropriate:

  • Sediment has clogged a culvert on a county road, causing road flooding and erosion.
  • You would like to know if any community fire recovery meetings are scheduled.
  • You think your home is at risk of post-fire debris flows and want information on assessment and mitigation programs.

Note that the contacts above are updated yearly. Use the Contact Us page if you find errors.

Keep reading for links to Conservation District contacts and national recovery organizations.

Local Conservation Districts can assist with site specific questions about your landscape restoration efforts. Some Conservation Districts have issued guidance on post-fire rehabilitation treatments, like this one from Cascadia CD after the Sleepy Hollow Fire.

The following contacts are an incomplete list of major state and national resources. Local organizations – not listed here – like community centers, churches, volunteer coordinators, and businesses often mobilize faster than these larger resources and may be your quickest path to help.

American Red Cross: The American Red Cross responds to disasters 365 days a year and can assist impacted individuals with their immediate emergency needs. Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and ask for your local chapter.

Disaster Distress Helpline: The Disaster Distress Helpline can assist you after a wildfire. Those impacted by recent wildfires can reach out to them any time for support. Call 1-800-985-5990, para español, oprima el dos, or text Text TalkWithUs to 66746 or Hablanos to 66746.

Farm Service Agency: Assistance with Natural Disaster Loses: The Farm Service Agency (509-323-3000) provides assistance for natural disaster losses. Navigate the Disaster Assistance Program page for info on compensation/assistance to livestock producers, orchardists forestland owners, and more.

Food Assistance: The SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) may help you replace food lost in a disaster or help you apply for benefits. You can apply for benefits online in Washington. Call 1-877-501-2233 for more information.l

Small Business Administration: Help for Businesses and Non-Profits: If your business or private, nonprofit organization has suffered physical or economical damage, you may be eligible for financial assistance. Renters and homeowners can also apply for SBA loans for clothing, furniture, cars, and appliances destroyed in a declared disaster. Homeowners may apply for $200k to repair/replace their primary residence. If the website doesn’t answer your questions, email or call 800-659-2955.

Washington Small Business Development Center: The SBDC offers a starting place for individuals and small businesses to begin their information search on business disaster planning and recovery.

Helping Children Cope with Disaster: Disasters can be especially stressful for families with children. FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency) and Sesame Street provide resources to assist you in helping children cope with disaster.

National Child Traumatic Stress Network: The NCTSN offers resources to support children, families, and communities to recover after wildfires.

The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army may provide temporary assistance for families in need, including vouchers for rent and emergency aid and legal aid. For information on services provided by The Salvation Army, click here. For Salvation Army locations and phone numbers in Washington, click here.

2-1-1 Free Information and Referral Center: While 2-1-1 is not specific to post-wildfire situations, it is a regional free Information and Referral Center connecting residents to community resources located in their area. 2-1-1 has several regions in Washington.